Test Your Tech Before The Conference Starts! Accessing The Virtual Event Platform Is Easiest On Chrome & On Personal Devices & Networks. You Should Now Have Received Your Joining Instructions To Join The Virtual Platform On 13th January. If Not, Please Call Us On +44 (0)20 3479 2299. To Test Your Tech Before The Event, Click Here >>
Monetise Alcohol Shopper Strategies & Product Trends & Innovations For Exciting, Profitable Products – On & Off Trade:
- COVID-19 Update – Turning Alcohol Sales Trends On Their Head: From the online boom to main estate bulk shops and the loss of POS in On Trade… keep up with the latest shopper habits to capitalise on every opportunity
- Capitalise On The Hottest Trends, Flavours & Ingredients: Get up-to-date on the latest consumer crazes to get ahead of the competition
- What Does The Future Hold For Low & No, Soft Drinks & Mixers? Where do the innovations opportunities lie for the alcohol industry?
- Sustainable, High-Impact Packaging Solutions: Impress today’s environmentally conscious consumer with sustainable packaging that doesn’t compromise on design
- Craft Beer: The Trend That’s Here To Stay? Unlock potential for innovation in this exciting category!
- Create Stand-Out On-Trade Experiences: Hit rising consumer demand with memorable on-trade experiences for loyal customers and boosted sales
- PLUS! Next Gen Innovation: Gen-Z Insights
Inspiring Speakers - Listen to market-leading, brand-side speakers as they share their hard-won insights and experiences with hot topic presentations and panels
Connect & Network - Networking is easy with the use of our discussion board, direct messaging facility, meeting request buttons, live polling and social media feed. Have your say and meet the other attendees
Live Chat - Pose your own questions and comment via the live chat function and interact with other delegates and speakers in real time
Virtual Roundtables & Peer Discussions - There will be breakout discussions during the day to discuss specific areas of interest with like-minded attendees to tailor your experience
Virtual Exhibition - Explore the 'virtual exhibition stands' and speak directly to our carefully-chosen exhibitors to help you tackle your business challenges directly
Virtual Face-To-Face Meetings - Start a conversation with fellow delegates or exhibitors and discuss your individual needs and challenges one-to-one
Go Virtual - It’s Easy! All you need is good internet access and a password which we will provide. No need to download any specific software or apps. Presentations and panels are live, and you can type in questions, take part in live polling and also comment on the social feed. For any breakout discussions, it’s just a normal zoom call. You can also direct message or request a meeting with attendees. Sessions will be recorded and will be available as on-demand content after the event.
Monetise Alcohol Trends & Innovations For Exciting, Profitable Products: ✓ Emerging Trends & Flavours ✓ COVID Updates ✓ Online & Digital Disruption ✓ Low & No ✓ Craft Beer ✓ Sustainability ✓ Packaging ✓ On-Trade Insights ✓ Soft Drinks & Mixers ✓ GenZ Insights
09.00 GIC Welcome & Chair's Opening Remarks
Hot New Trends & Insights
09.20 Stay Ahead Of The Game With The Latest Trends & Insights Into The Future Of This Fast-Paced Category
- From low and no to premiumisation, what are the latest trends dictating which alcoholic products fly off the shelves?
- What are the next phases to build on the dynamic shifts in the market, and where does this leave the big anchor brands?
- How can you monetise the hottest emerging flavours and ingredients within the adult drinks industry?
Senior Buyer - Beer & Cider
COVID UPDATE - Double Perspective
09.40 From Main Estate Bulk Shops To The Online Boom & The Loss Of POS In On Trade… Keep Up With The Latest Alcohol Trends To Capitalise On Every Opportunity
- What’s happened to the shopper since March 2020? Draw actionable strategies from evolving consumer psychologies… with shopper marketing strategies turned on their heads, just how can we accurately plan ahead?
- Will there be a dry spell following the initial lockdown binge?
- How do we continue to win in FMCG in a recession when consumer purse strings are tightened?
09.30 Darren Macaskill
Global Head of Brand and Marketing
Silent Pool Distillers
09.50 Joseph Walker
Category Buyer - Beer & Cider
10.20 From The 10PM Curfew To Table Service Only: Innovative Methods To Deliver Memorable On-Trade Experiences & Increase Sales
- What can on trade do to combat the pull of the sofa and COVID concerns to create welcoming, safe environments where consumers feel comfortable?
- With the loss of POS and menus on phones, how can alcohol brands stand out to on-trade consumers?
- From product to pricing, how can alcohol brands best protect their interests but still drive sales with low-risk but exciting offerings?
- On-trade relationships: how do you maintain strong trading relationships when flexibility and agility has never been more crucial?
Global On-Trade & Portfolio Visibility Director
10.40 Morning Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
11.10 The trend that’s here to stay? BrewDog will share unique insights on where the craft beer trend currently sits, what innovations and challenges are impacting performance, and what the future might look like for this exciting category.
UK On Trade Marketing Manager
11.30 Accelerate Your Product Development Cycle Through Quality Insights
A key challenge we hear from alcohol suppliers today is a need to accelerate new product development cycles. One-way companies are achieving this is by embedding proven technology to automate key parts of the innovation cycle. Discover how alcohol brand owners are using the Toluna Start platform to improve their chances of developing winning products.
Within this presentation we will be touching on the below:
- How companies are embedding automation to drive successful NPD testing
- Accelerating the NPD cycle & maintaining quality standards
- Short term product tweaks vs. longer-term success
- Specific client case study
Richie Herron, VP, Methodology, Toluna & Harris Interactive
Emerging & Future Alcohol Trends – Panel Discussion
11.45 Looking To The Future: Products, Formats, Flavours, Alcohol Content, Experiences… What Are The Alcohol Trends Of 2021 & Beyond?
- Has Covid-19 completely hit the reset button on alcohol trends and how has this impacted our long-term strategies?
- What are consumers looking for? What are the saturated markets to stand out in and where are we seeing the niches open up? And what about On Trade?
- When will sustainability rise to top of the list again? Where are people shopping and what impact will high unemployment and another recession have on the market? Join the panel to explore some of the most impactful trends of the last few months and look to the future.
Co-Founder & Managing Director
Illogical Drinks Co.
Bodega Bay Hard Seltzer 4% Alc.
Insight & Innovations Manager
12.15 Gin Analysis & Flavour Pairings
- Using analytical extraction techniques and Gaschromatography - Massspectometry, we are able to isolate and identify flavour compounds from alcoholic beverages and define their likely natural origin
- Based on this data, we use a flavour pairing approach to create flavour profiles complementing the individual alcoholic beverage
- Identifying key flavour compounds in alcoholic beverages like gin together with experience brought by the Flavour Creation and Application team enables us to create exciting and versatile flavour profiles which are perfectly paired with the product
Flavour Research Analyst
European Business Development Manager
Winning Low & No
12.30 How The Alcohol-Free Boom Is Winning With Innovative Products That Excite Consumers
- Meet Morten Sorensen, Founder of ISH Spirits, and hear how their journey into low & no has catapulted over the past 18 months
- What does the future look like for ‘low & no’ alcoholic drinks?
- How are the familiar flavours obtained, and should the flavours be familiar at all?
- How to retain an adult flavour profile and premium feel that speaks to the target group
12.50 Lunch For Delegates, Partners & Speakers
13.30 Chair's Afternoon Remarks
The Next Gen
13.40 Millennials Move Over! Understand Generation Z’s Attitudes Towards Alcohol & Emerging Trends To Drive Product Innovation & Future-Proof Your Category
- Flavours, formats, packaging… just what is the younger generation looking for in an adult drink?
- How do sweeping Gen Z trends such as health, social consciousness, sustainability impact their alcohol choices?
- From student lockdown in halls to socially-distanced pub visits to Zoom parties: which brands have been performing well during the pandemic – and can we unpick just why that is?
Global Senior Brand Manager - Innovation
The Absolut Company
14.00 Sustainability In The Wine Industry
What is the current state of sustainability in the wine industry? From boxed, bagged and canned wines to transportation and refrigeration, what are wine manufacturers doing to combat environmental damage and impress sustainability-conscious consumers?
David Burlton DipWSET
Head Sommelier Harrogate & Newcastle
Hotel du Vin
Online & Digital Disruption – Panel Discussion
14.20 As The World Has Had To Go Digital, How Can You Best Pivot Your Alcohol Business For Enduring Online Sales Success?
- How can different alcohol categories best perform online?
- From side banners to click throughs to images and pack size, how can you bring alcohol to life online?
- I want it and I want it now! How can different alcohol categories capitalise on the rise of immediate grocery and the likes of Chop-Chop, Deliveroo and Uber Eats?
- What role does direct-to-consumer e-commerce have to play? Is the set up and extra logistics really worth it over forming new partnerships?
Head of Marketing
6 O'clock Gin
14.50 Informal Breakout Discussions
D) Cannabis & CBD
E) Low Alcohol Spirits
H) Hard Seltzer
15.20 Afternoon Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
15.50 Sustainable Wine Packaging Solutions For The 21st Century
- Innovative and engaging packaging, using the right materials responsibly, for a world-class product
- Redesigning primary and secondary packaging to ensure triple bottom line sustainability
16.10 Launching Into Chaos: From Building Site To Pack On Shelf. Key Insights Into The Journey To Launch Torabhaig Single Malt Whisky In A Constantly Changing Landscape
- What does it take to create a new Single Malt in the Hebrides? A brand launch 7 years in the making, and 20+ years in the planning
- Finding your truth - How you can define your brand before you have product, then take stock to evolve your brand once you do?
- The role of design In 2020 - Make design work for you to express your truth and define your brand
- Using trends wisely - Strengthen your brand’s presence and relevance without losing sight of what makes you unique
Head of Brand Design
Innovation Case Study: CBD Botanical Spirit
16.30 Innovation Case Study: CBD Botanical Spirit
- It’s undoubtably a hot trend for 2020, but how do you actually launch a cannabis brand into the market?
- What are the challenges in formulation, product development and compliant marketing when it comes to CBD products?
- Which markets are open to CBD and hemp infused spirits?
CEDER'S / CELTIC SOUL / M&C's
16.50 Chairs' Closing Remarks & Official Close Of Conference